Sunday 27 July 2014

Reflection: My Final Year of Study

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. It is that time of the week again when I come to you with a brand new blog post! My previous post was a little more personal as I gave you a sneak peek into my graduation day. To be honest it stills feels so surreal to be able to say I am a graduate! I have mentioned many times on here that I was not sure what routes to take after university, weather going for a masters or finding my dream job. Amongst everything I have still got a few exciting things in the mix and I am still trying to figure everything else out...I am only human after all. I am so glad I have the opportunity to be able to work with the amazing MARC department at the university...it is something I am rather excited about and I feel so proud to have been given an opportunity so close to graduating.

I started my new job this week at the MARC department at the University of Bedfordshire. I am actually guest posting on their marketing blog next week some time so make sure to take a peek at that to see a full break down of everything that went down last week starting my new job role. I thought I would go back to my routs today and reflect on everything that has happened over my final year of studying, what I enjoyed most, what differences I have seen in myself and what I enjoyed most about my Business Management course.

University is a funny thing because I would say I enjoyed everything but the stress and anxiety that you feel when writing your dissertation or preparing yourself for a pitch or presentation is insanely crazy. Over the course of the three years studying my course we had to do plenty of these (mind the dissertation...one was just enough for me!) and doing them so much across the years has helped me to develop my skills and gain more confidence in myself. Sometimes we doubt ourselves but we all have it in us to achieve great things if we set our minds to it. That it a definite change I have seen in myself. My Business Management course offered all aspects of a real business life perspective, from marketing, law, accounting, operations, strategy, e-business and so much more. I really enjoyed that the course offered everything I could possibly need for the future.

Amongst everything I love the fact I had the opportunity to cheer for the university...It was something I have always wanted to get involved in (I blame Bring It On the Move). First year of cheerleading will be something I will always remember, from the amazing competitions, fun training sessions and our captain was so lovely! Second year not so much to be honest...I was voted in to monitor the accounting side of the club and was taken advantage of because of my business contacts. As the only Business student on the squad I wasn't really taken seriously by the club captain and she treated me differently to everyone else which was such a shame but C'est la vie! It really opened my eyes and made me want to focus on my final year even more and move away from cheerleading at the university.

I feel I have definitely developed and grown up so much more as a individual. University has been an experience with ups and downs but I have loved every second of it. I have made some incredible friendships that I know will be life long and I am so excited about what the future might bring. My personal blog is up for two Cosmopolitan Blog Awards, I have some incredible vacations lined up this year, I am currently temping in the MARC department at the university (marketing is something I would love to work in full time), I will be overcoming some personal demands during September and so much more.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment