Sunday 1 June 2014

Finishing My Degree & The Next Step

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well!

You have probably read my ramblings about being totally stressed about my last exams throughout May and so on. Well, on Tuesday 27th May 2014 I officially had my last exam which means I have finished my University degree! We all know there is more to it as I am still waiting for an assignment grade and then there is the dreaded waiting game for my results before graduation in July but wow it feels amazing to not have to overly worry about something for a change.

It almost feels weird not having to worry about anything…but lets be honest I am loving all of the free time I have at the moment. I am off on vacation Friday for 16 glorious days so i can't wait to relax!

Even though I have officially finished university it doesn't mean i am out of the woods just yet. I am already thinking about my next move whether it being a Master Degree or finding my dream job…or even both. I do work now and my personal blog has opened up some amazing doors for me, however, with my added degree now it'll be amazing to see what i can apply for. I am looking at a few avenues at the moment, from some graduate schemes to London based jobs. My Dad has his own advertising and marketing company which i could do some more work experience at but to be honest my parents always taught me to work my way up and I think it would be the easy way out for me. Even though I would love to work there with my Dad i think I would get comfortable and not explore other job opportunities haha.

Whilst hunting down jobs I am also thinking about a Masters Degree. My aunty currently does one at the University of Bedfordshire based in Luton so I have been speaking with her a lot. I need to see what the best route is for me as I need to distinguish what degree I want to study and to start applying. I am a little confused with the application, if I manage to get a 1st degree then I will be able to study for free, however, I haven't found much information on the scholarship as yet. I had a chat with one of my lecturers who mentioned not to studying Business Management at masters level as I would be repeating most of the things I had learnt throughout the past three years. It was helpful to hear that and he suggested I look at more niche topics, so i have been thinking a lot about a Masters in Marketing! What do you think?!

On a brighter note, I ordered all of my graduation academic dressing and photography so everything regarding graduation feels so much more real. My graduation cap arrived Friday and it looks pretty spectacular on! Keep your eyes peeled for a graduation post heading your way July time!

This is my little update at the moment. Hopefully I will have more news to share in my next post!

Speak soon

No comments:

Post a Comment