Sunday 18 May 2014

Dissertation Submitted & Revision

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying this rather sunny Sunday. Unfortunately, I am not able to take full advantage of the weather as i have lots of revision to do for three exams i have coming up within the next few weeks.

First things first…I handed in my dissertation! Wednesday 7th May 2014 was the day my Dissertation was submitted. I have to say it has been one of the most stressful things i have ever had to do in my entire life…but i am so glad i overcome some anxious demands regarding a dissertation and done it! Nothing is ever simple when it comes to 'Sophia Meola' so i literally had some bumps along the way, being my dissertation was 'too large' to submit on Turnitin that i had to email it over to my dissertation tutor and head of department. Even though dissertation is now out of the way, i still have some revision to do for three exams i have coming up.

1. E-Business Management - 21st May 2014
2. Strategy and Change Management - 22nd May 2014
3. Project Management - 27th May 2014

Constant revision has been taking place to ensure high grades are achieved on the exams. All exams are mainly essay style so i am literally in a position where yo have to revise every single things from each unit as you don't know what might come up on the day. I have a case study for one of the exams which i have been re-reading and re-reading constantly to get a full understanding of it…because it's not really an appealing topic, however, beggars can't be choosers - i feel lucky enough that we were able to read the case study before the exam.

Here are a few things i have been doing to keep me motivated and constantly revising…
  • Draw up visual revision posters
  • Whip out subject books
  • Find a quite space with no distractions
  • Make the revision fun
  • Do plenty of past papers
  • Make summary notes
  • Utilise family and friends
  • Reward yourself
  • Think positive
I have been using the rewards predictor on e-vision to motivate myself. I know the awards predictor may not be 100% accurate but it is something that i have been constantly looking at throughout my entire final year at University just to benchmark where i am but also to see what i need to do in order to achieve a grade i would be so incredibly pleased with. 

What are your favourite revision methods?

No comments:

Post a Comment