Monday 13 April 2015

Yes You Can!


Apologies for not posting in a while, I have just had the most hectic few weeks. Third year is progressing in such a haste I literally cannot believe it. So many final deadlines and on top of that I have been juggling working lots as well. It has recently occurred to me that I do not have long left at university. About a month ad half to be exact. And in that time I have to hand my dissertation, and two final hand ins. It is all coming to an end and I am quite sad about it.  Besides all that, there are  important matters to attend to which happen to concern voting.

These elections are also coming in fast and it is our duty as young people to vote for the best or what is seemingly the best for our communities. A simple yet concerning factor about elections in general is that less and less young people vote every year. I often wonder why that is seeing as we live in a society where we just about complain about everything there is to complain about although never seem to see much change? I think it's got to do with the fact that not enough young people are not being politically educated or don't care enough about the super important matters such as healthcare, education and even taxes.

There is an attitude out there that cradles the line 'it doesn't affect me yet' but in fact it does.I sadly admit that until recently, I was one of the young people who simply had no clue but was informed by one of my lecturers that I have been given a privilege which makes or breaks a country. This enlightenment also came in the form of being told to fill out a form which made me aware of what I cared about in society. For me the things I care most about include education, healthcare, taxes and foreign policies. Topics of that nature could also be something that you also care about and so I strongly urge all of you to take part in a political compass test of some form (Google political compass test, there are so many) . Stand your ground this upcoming election!




No comments:

Post a Comment