Sunday 26 April 2015

The Big Diss!


Dissertation! It is as scary as it sounds and if not worse. I have been working persistently on my dissertation over the last couple of weeks seeing as it is due on Friday. I will quite honestly tell you that is a difficult one to get to grips with. First of all, the word count is big and secondly it was made even more difficult for me as we were given free reign over what topic we could do.  The hardest thing about dissertation is trying to balance everything else. I recently attained some freelance work which has become rather difficult to keep up with as well my dissertation and going to work as well. I must say that especially over the last couple of weeks, I have found it ever so difficult to even get sleep, but come Friday the 1st of May, I will be a partially free woman. I just need to get through this week.

The horror stories of dissertation time during third year are not completely true although if you work better under pressure like I do, you tend to like to work close to the deadline which causes more stress if you have a million and one things on the go. Writing the dissertation is one thing however researching is another thing. I have tossed and turned for months about my dissertation topic and the research I have done is extensive. I chose a topic that is something I know a vast amount about. Furthermore, it is an area I am greatly interested in and have learned a lot about over the last few weeks. The late nights have begun and the Jasmine Green Tea has started brewing excessively (not a coffee drinker). I also recently finished my internship and are looking to gain a bit more experience over the summer whilst working and doing freelance work.
I have been job hunting for paid internships however the Fashion Industry has an unbroken record of not offering too many paid internships but at least travel and expenses are covered which is really important if you live in London. I also am very much confused as to whether I would like to focus more on Styling or PR for the time being hence why I would like to intern a bit more to make my mind up about which area really appeals to me. I know that later on I will probably do both as I would eventually like to work completely freelance. Office jobs don't really appeal to me and I know I would everyday to be different. Hopefully my ideology will become an active reality sooner rather than later.

The other lurking day is Graduation. The date was emailed to me on Friday and I am actually excited. I text my parents as soon as I got the news because they will probably be more excited than I am about it. It is actually weird thinking about it about it because its coming soon. So so soon. I think I actually have mixed emotions actually which sounds contradictory but the more I think about it the more I come to realise how far I have come from my first year days through to my second year  and now towards the end of my Final Year. It's all so emotional!

No comments:

Post a Comment