Monday 18 August 2014

Reflection: Business Blogger Internship


Hello Everyone!

Like I mentioned in my previous post I am sticking around until my exit interview in a few weeks time. Blogging is a huge part of my life so I think I am trying to hold onto it as long as possible. I thought before writing my penultimate post I would reflect on my internship and writing this blog throughout the past year.

I was first introduced to the internship through a lecturer who knew of my personal blog. I kept my personal blog quite quiet until being nominated in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards last year and then everyone seemed to know about it haha. Either way so much has happened and I am so glad that this opportunity arose for me...It was something perfect for me to do amongst my studies. After my lecturer emailed me about the internship I eagerly filled in the application form and sent it off straight away. Being Bedford campus based it was so nerve-wrecking travelling up to Luton for my interviews and induction sessions...the long car journeys were great for reflecting on everything! The process was very straight forward and staff made you feel at ease but with everything in life I did have a few butterflies in my stomach about it all. Never-the-less I did it and here I am today writing this blog for you all!

After finding out I got the internship it was such an exciting opportunity for me as it was something to do amongst my studies. I thought what better way to combine my love for blogging and business than to write the business students blog?! Don't get me wrong, there has been a few hiccups along the way as my third and final year at university has been quite stressful but I am proud of everything I have achieved. I really hope I have offered some great insight into a business students life with the inclusion of some business news in the mix for good measure. If I could turn back the clock to my first year if I had known there was a business blog I would have read it. There is no better advice than from someone who has lived through what you are about to embark on.

It doesn't seem real that 10 months have flown by, I have completed my degree, I have graduated and I am moving on to my next venture. It has been an amazing experience writing this blog alongside my degree and it has opened offered me wider knowledge based writing that differs from my personal blog and also the opportunity to work a summer internship with the university's MARC department...but I will go in more depth about this in my final post. This internships has also offered me the opportunity to widen my CV and my blogging experiences.

Speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment